THIS ISN’T MECHANICAL & DOESN’T REALLY KILL ANYTHING PROPERLY (which is officially the title, but facebook wouldn't let me do an event name in All-Caps) is a book of collected writings (unequal parts poetry, comedy, and philosophy) by Isaac Stovell, a local spoken word artist. 100% of all profits accrued from the sales of this exclusive printing, of which there will be 100 copies only available on the night, will be split equally between five top-notch charitable organisations (see below). Minimum donations for the book are £10.
Doors open at 7 and the acts will start at 7.30 – full line-up TBA still…
- Welcome & introduction, by Isaac Stovell (also hosting, so will recite/read extracts from the book between all subsequent acts)
- Kate Garrett writes and edits. She lives in Sheffield with her husband, five children, and a sleepy cat.
- Amy Kinsman (they/them) is the host of Gorilla Poetry and founding editor of Riggwelter Press.
- Mark Hurdiss is a relatively new poet – Gorilla was his baptism, and he never left! [Insta]; dagvikjanson
- Kiran MB – co-organiser of Verse Matters, is often found outdoors where mud and trees inspire her poetry.
- Lee Moore is a storyteller and peddler of spoken word nonsense. He is also one half of true storytelling show Tales of Whatever.
- Aditi Babel is a university student and author of the book ‘Unsettled’. [Insta]; aditi.babel
- Raluca de Soleil writes, paints, photographs and has cinematic reveries. Her first book is coming out early 2019. [Insta]; raluca_de_soleil
- Amy King – a literature student in Sheffield, often found at any place with poetry and good ale.
- Bob Stern teaches at Sheffield Uni, and is interested in German philosophy (especially Hegel and Kant) and an obscure Danish thinker called Løgstrup.
- Elliott Woodhouse is a greengrocer, bartender, and radical amateur librarian at New Roots.
- Bo Meson chucks half-brickbats of emotive adulation, then falls over.
- Finishing with a complete free-for-all open mic for the duration of the time!
- Friends of the Earth
a global campaign organisation dedicated to the wellbeing & protection of our natural environment, and everyone in it.
a campaigning community bringing people-powered politics to decision making worldwide, on a multitude of issues.
an international alliance working to transform relationships & end violence against women.
a helpline providing emotional support for anyone distressed, struggling, or at risk of suicide, throughout the British Isles.
- City of Sanctuary
a developing network of village/town/city groups across the UK seeking to offer places of safety for people fleeing instability or persecution, & make our nation welcoming to all.